Help People Find a Tobacco Alternative
- Responsible for greeting customers and processing customers’ purchases accurately and efficiently at the point-of-sale.
- Maintains a neat, clean and organized store area.
- “Smiles and Says Hi!” Greets all customers and Associates encountered with a smile and encourages others to smile and say hi.
- Assists customers in a friendly courteous manner.
- Adheres to the “Yes We Can” policy and efficiently resolves customer’s questions and requests.
- Supports fellow Associates through Yes We Can actions and behaviors.
- Processes customers’ transactions accurately and efficiently.
- Provides consistent communication and follow through on all projects.
- Maintains proper funds in register and calls for change or cash pick-ups as needed.
- Follows company policies and procedures in handling void transactions, even exchanges, over and short situations.
- Opens and closes the register and counts out register drawers.
- Records appropriate information on the balance sheet to prevent cash losses.
- Maintains a neat, clean and organized register area.
- Calls for and assists with carry-outs, pick-ups, trash pick-up, and other assistance as needed.
- Fills boxes, bags and other supplies as needed.
- Utilizes appropriate supplies in a cost-effective manner.
- Assists with department recovery, inventory and stockroom organization.
- Prior experience in retail, customer service or other work environment involving contact with the public.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
- Job description and Job responsibilities may change at any time due to business needs.
- Please discuss requests for reasonable accommodations with hiring manager.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on an occasional to frequent basis. Greater than 50 pounds = 1 Associate per 50 pounds.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of his/her working time standing or moving about register areas and around the store. Physical activities include holding a scanning gun, keying and processing register transactions; lifting and bagging merchandise; bending, stooping and reaching on a frequent basis.
- Adherence to company policy and procedures is required.
- Regular attendance is required.